PODCAST


Hiii!! Welcome again to our podcast channel!

Today We are going to talk about DNA, culture and identity and cross cultural insights...

Well, all of us know what DNA is, the material that carries all the information about how a living thing will look and function. For instance, DNA in humans determines such things as what color the eyes are and how the lungs work. Each piece of information is carried on a different section of the DNA. These sections are called genes.

DNA is short for deoxyribonucleic acid. It is in every cell of every living thing. DNA is found in structures…

Have you taken a DNA test before? in my case, I've never done but I would like to do it, that way I can discover from where I come and what kind of influences I have of the different cultures... Because if you know how connected you are with the rest of the world, you can have a really good idea about why you’re short or tall, fat or skinny, why the color of eyes you have, your physical characteristics in general, the influence of your DNA on your behavior and even the pathologies and risks about health that you are exposed to. 

Now let’s change the topic a bit, although I feel very proud of being Colombian, I would have liked to be a European, from a very powerful country where the opportunities for all were the same, not like in my country... and of course countries where the genetic is very generous with the physical appearance of people. But I have to say this: People in Colombia is happy, no matter if the genetic is not so good with them, no matter if the opportunities are not so many, but here happiness is something everyone has in their veins. Thinking better and connecting this idea with the last thing as I was talking about earlier, one of the DNA as Colombians posses is: HAPPINESS. 

Now if you ask me where I would like to travel in future, my answer is simple: to the old continent: Europe, to know all the traditions and culture they have, of course, to see the emblematic places for which is known each country over there and to make my own ideas about how is life far from America... but the real question is travel there as a tourist or inmigrant? As a tourist ever!!! Being an immigrant nowadays is so hard particularly because the sexism and xenophobia issues are increasing against people whom aren’t natural from those countries. 

And my last comment is about prejudices and stereotypes about nationalities... yes! There are a loooot of those all over the world. As a Colombian who traveled to other countries and lived together with people from other nations, I have felt like a victim of some stereotypes... like the mafia issues, drugs and stereotype of the Colombian women. One day an Argentinian guy said to me “so you are Colombian!!! do you have a bomb in that bag?” A Mexican guy said “what a beautiful nose! Do you have surgery? All the Colombians I know, have one” and the gringos used to made jokes about marihuana and cocaine when I introduced myself and they discovered I’m from Medellin. But I still feel proud of my roots. That’s it... 

I guess everyone carries whit some stereotype no matter where they come from, but remember: “To Know Where You’re Going, Learn Where You Came From!” 

You are the result of many years of evolution and many mixes of culture and traditions, Always Feel very Proud of everything you are.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario